Hearing and understanding
- Points to a few body parts when asked.
- Follows simple commands and understands simple questions (“Roll the ball,” “Kiss the baby,” “Where’s your shoe?”).
- Listens to simple stories, songs, and rhymes.
- Points to pictures in a book when named.
- Says more words every month.
- Uses some one- or two- word questions (“Where kitty?” “Go bye-bye?” “What’s that?”).
- Puts two words together (“more cookie,” “no juice,” “mommy book”).
- Uses many different consonant sounds at the beginning of words.