Apraxia of speech, Feeding and Swallowing Disorders: dysphagia, oral motor problems.
Receptive and Expressive Language
Sentence structure, vocabulary, narratives, specific language impairment (SLI), word-finding difficulties, aphasia.
Problems with pronouncing words or sounds.
Children with dyslexia have difficulties reading and/or spelling.
Stuttering, cluttering and dysarthria.
Hoarseness and vocal abuse.
The ability to remember and repeat sentences, words, rhymes and songs, naming of sounds in words.
Problems in communication.
Who are we
Tineke v. Driel
We provide speech therapy services at the following international schools:
Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)Prinses Irenestraat 59 1077 WV Amsterdam
Almere International SchoolHeliumweg 61 1362 JA Almere
Letterland AlmereA. Roland Holststraat 58 1321 Almere
Blijberg International SchoolPrinses Irenestraat 59 3021 CJ Rotterdam
Elckerlyc International SchoolKlimopzoom 41 2353 RE Leiderdorp
International School Hilversum (ISH)Emmastraat 56 1213 AL Hilversum
Violenschool International Primary schoolRembrandtlaan 30 1213 BH Hilversum
We also provide speech therapy services at the following private practices:
Health Center MerenwijkRosmolen 2 2317 SJ Leiden 071-5232139
Speech Therapy LeidenPapiermolen 8 2317 SV Leiden 071-5231723
Frequently asked questions
Speech therapy is provided by Speech Therapy Leiden. It is the goal of Speech Therapy Leiden to provide families with thorough speech and language evaluation reports, which can become a part of their personal records as they move to different schools or even different parts of the world.
- Evaluations will include standardized and dynamic testing, observations, interviews with parents and school personnel, checklists, consultations with previous educators etc.
- A thorough report will be written with recommendations to improve speech and language, which then will be shared with the parents and the school personnel that is involved. As the goal of the report is to provide recommendations which will help the child become a more successful learner, Speech Therapy Leiden strongly advises that reports are shared with the school.
- Treatment is delivered at a fixed time, usually 1 or 2 times a week.
- Sessions are usually 25 minutes long.
- If you are unable to attend an appointment, please inform the speech therapist at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to do so, you will still be charged for treatment which cannot be claimed through your health insurance.
- With difficulties to practice homework activities with your child at home or you have any other concerns or queries about the treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- All clients and the family of the client will be treated with the utmost respect. Parents are asked to trust the professional judgement of our specialists who have many years of experience and expertise.
A referral from your GP or another specialist is required in order to commence therapy.
Payment for services is the responsibility of the patient.
After paying our bill, you can submit the bill to your insurance company and/or deduct it from your taxes as health costs.
- Speech Therapy Leiden has no contract with the health insurance companies. Therefore the bill will be sent directly to the parents. The fee for speech therapy treatment is set according to the standards of the NZA. You will be charged separately at the start and finish of the therapy for assessment, the writing of a report and treatment plan, a parent meeting and multi-disciplinary meetings at the child’s school. Payment must be made within 14 days after receiving the bill, which will be presented at the end of each month.
- Speech Therapy Treatment is reimbursed by most health insurance companies with diagnosis of a speech or language disorder. Speech therapy is not reimbursed when it concerns a language delay.In case of multilingualism, the mother tongue will always be examined first. If there are problems in both languages that the child speaks, a language disorder is diagnosed. Speech therapy is then reimbursed by the insurer. In the case that the mother tongue is well developed and there is a delay in English, we speak of a language delay.
- Clients will receive a monthly invoice to be paid within 15 days, issued by our billing service Famed.